How does the Acupuncture Smoking Cessation program work?
1. Laser Acupuncture – Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is a highly effective technique that uses light energy to stimulate acupuncture points on the ears, hands, legs, and feet eliminating the urge to smoke. It is a non-medical procedure respected by many physicians as a highly effective treatment. The treatment is non-invasive, painless, safe, relaxing, and effective. The first two sessions should be 2-3 days apart, with a follow up session 2-4 weeks later.
2. A Dietary Guide is provided on the first session to help cope with the withdrawal symptoms and to supplement essential nutrients that are depleted during smoking. You are probably well aware of the harmful effects of smoking on body. For example, it causes not only lung diseases; it is the main reason behind many types of cancer, cardiovascular and heart diseases, pediatric disorder, etc.
Quitting is not easy and requires both commitment and preparation:
- Let family, friends, and colleagues know that you are quitting. Write it down.
- List your reasons for quitting.
- Get rid of all cigarettes, ashtrays, lighters etc.
- Re-arrange furniture of typical smoking place, so that it does not remind you of smoking. If you smoke together with colleagues, avoid this situation. Go for a walk instead of smoking.
- Consider starting a hobby.
- Tell yourself that once the withdrawal is over, you will feel better than you have in years. Write it down.
- Celebrate your success, and give yourself credit.
Patients who go smoke free for 24 hours after their visit have 90% chance of being successful.
Call to see if you qualify: 416-847-1100